Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chapter 3

In the event on pages 33-35, what civility principle is Rosemarie and her father displaying? Tell us about a time when you displayed this same principle in your life. How did it make you feel? What would you do if you found a cat in the same condition Rosemarie found the cat on the railroad track?

On pages 38-39, Rosemarie and J.J. have an encounter with the Hamiltons. Is it okay for Rosemarie and J.J. to be mean to the Hamiltons because they are mean to them? Why or why not? Do you think words hurt?

3 comments:

  1. When I was younger and was teased by other children I would go crying to my mom. She would always try to comfort me by saying, "Sticks and stones may break your bones, but names can never hurt you." Even though the attention from my mother made me feel better, I never believed this statement.

    I can't tell you how my ankle felt the summer before third grade when I broke it in two places falling off my bicycle, but I can tell you exactly how I felt when a few girls teased me during PE class in the third grade because I kept falling off the scooter in a relay race. Words, in my opinion, can definitely hurt you.

    Ms. Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I found a cat in that position on the railroad I would try and help it get better just like Rosemarie. Rosemarie is displaying the civility principle of being kind to animals. I have shown the same principle by feeding and taking care of my cats at home.

    Brandon Murveit

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I saw a half-dead cat on a railroad track,I would first get an adult,like Rosemary. Then I would take it to a local vet.(luckily,I've already had my shots!)*WHEW*. I to have shown that same care to my dog when he needed to be fed and walked.


    Han Wagner

    ReplyDelete